HOW TO TAKE A SELFIE WEARING GLASSES
We all take selfies – they are the largest growing trend in the world. Over 1 million selfies are taken every day! But what are the tips for taking a great selfie when you wear glasses?
Rule No. 1 is to make sure the lenses of your glasses have an anti-reflection coating – as well as giving you clearer vision, this will avoid reflections on your lenses and allow your glasses to look good in all types of light. At Drummoyne Optometry, we recommend Essilor’s Crizal anti-reflection coating.
Here are some professional tips courtesy of teleinfographics.com for successful selfie-taking – with your glasses on!
- The rule of thirds – the rule of thirds basically asks you to imagine your screen as a grid of 3 by 3 sections to create reference points. Then, when you are taking the selfie, make sure your eyes are a third down from the top most edge of the screen and inclined to one side of the frame. This will help you get your glass covered eyes in the best angle.
- Focus on the face – The main objective of the selfie, in general, is to focus on your face and not the background. An out of focus background is what you need to create a selfie which arouses interest.
- Enhance to accentuate – A little touching up of the selfie is not a bad thing to do! In fact, by using one of the enhancing applications, you can accentuate your facial features for a more remarkable selfie.
- Backlighting – ensure that the source of light is behind your head when taking a selfie. This will create an interesting impact and form the perfect source of light.
- Tilt your head – tilt your head slightly in a way that the glasses are lower than the angle at which the light source has been set.