We make your child’s eye test an enjoyable and positive experience! Eye tests for children take around 30-45 minutes. As the consultation room has to be darkened, it is reassuring to have a parent or special carer in the consulting room, however for safety and distraction reasons, siblings and other family members are asked to remain in the waiting room.
What happens during your child’s eye test?
- We will take a detailed history and ask about any current symptoms
- Current visual acuity – how well your child can see – is measured using pictures, numbers or letters depending upon your child’s age and literacy level
- The ability to focus, eye muscle balance, movement and co-ordination are all measured.
- Eyes are assessed for optical correction and new visual acuity
- Depth perception is assessed
- We will also assess your child’s eye health and provide a diagnosis and suggested course of action
- We will provide a referral to a paediatric ophthalmologist or other medical professional if required
A pair and a spare – FREE second pair of glasses for children
At Drummoyne Optometry we believe a pair and a spare makes life easier for children AND parents! That’s why we offer a FREE pair of children’s glasses with quality lenses from our Spinach Kids range for 5-12 year olds when you purchase your child’s frame & lenses from our great range including brands like Hello Kitty & New York Yankees. Some conditions apply, ask us for details – this offer is available all year round.